WWE 2K18: The last WWE game that we saw was not too long back, but that is hardly enough to deter fans from speculating over the next title in a series that is certainly not coming to an end anytime soon. Rumours about the upcoming instalment of the WWE series,
WWE 2K17, have been flooding the gaming world for quite a while now, with some taking an interest in the future happenings even before the current year's instalment had surfaced. But despite all the speculations, there still linger a lot of questions about the upcoming title. We're here today to address as many of them as we can by doing a roundup of all the news and rumours. This article will address all the questions regarding the upcoming game's WWE 2K18 release date, gameplay, features, wishlist, and updates.
WWE Series BackGround- Have a History Check!!
One of the most successful gaming franchises in the business today, the WWE 2K series began its long journey way back in the year 2000. The acclaimed series is developed by Yuke's and Visual Concepts, while 2K Sports holds the rights to publishing.
- Like similar gaming franchises which combine the world of action sports with that of gaming, this one too features the essential components of professional wrestling against a virtual setting.
- Outside of matches and tournaments with playable characters, there are elaborate storylines and campaign modes that allow players to play out the career of a wrestler in the best way they can, including overcoming his career obstacles and ultimately making it big among the giants.
- Originally named Smackdown (the first lot were titled WWF Smackdown), the title was later changed to WWE '12 in 2011.
- A couple of years later when 2K Sports took over the role of its exclusive publisher replacing THQ, the series name was changed to WWE 2K. At present, there are nineteen games in the series and WWE 2K18 will be the 20th one.
WWE 2K18 Release Date
Let us start off by saying that as of now, there is no official announcement from the makers about the release date of WWE 2K18. However, that is hardly an impediment to taking a rough guess at when the next game in the series will make an appearance. All we have to do is to take a look at the series' launch history to determine a possible release date for WWE 2K18.
- Most gaming franchises of this kind (NBA, for instance) have long held a reputation for churning out a new game every single year without fail, so quite obviously we're looking at the release of WWE 2K18 in 2017.
- Further, WWE 2K17 released this year on October 11, 2016. If we look at the past games in the franchise, the titles are usually released sometime around the October-November window.
- But the most recent games have continually pushed the date a little ahead of the previous year's release. So an early October release date for the upcoming game is highly possible.
So to sum it all up, we think that WWE 2K18 will see its release within the first week of October in 2017.
WWE 2K18 Features and Gameplay: What can we expect?
The WWE 2K series has been in existence for nearly two decades, which means that it has undergone a lot of changes since the first time we played it. While the first couple of games had much simpler mechanics which were more or less limited to striking and grappling moves, the series soon began to adopt significant changes that allowed it to bring it closer and closer to its actual counterpart. WWE 2K17, in particular, brought some significant changes in terms of gameplay, the most significant one being the in-match rollout system, which allows one player to roll out of the ring from the middle of a match involving a number of wrestlers to let the brawl have a more focused character for a while.
We're quite used to seeing something like this in real-life wrestling matches, so this addition makes the new game a lot more flesh and blood. However, besides this and the excitement of being able to take the brawls outside of the ring at times. there aren't too many new elements in the new WWE 2k18 game.
We don't for certain what the makers are planning for WWE 2K18 at the time. At this time it is important to consider the fact that the games are spaced within the span of a single year, so we can assume that there are a lot of ideas that the devs have kept on the sidelines for the series which they cannot immediately implement in the upcoming title due to having less than 12 months to work on one.
We're hoping that there are a good number of things up their sleeves and perhaps some of them will make their way into WWE 2K18. Plus there are a few features that we'd like to make a comeback too. Here are a few of them:
- Graphical Upgrade
We bet this is what figures on top of everyone's wishlist for WWE 2K18. The previous games in the series have long been plagued by the lack of smooth graphical detailing and lifeless animation. While WWE 2K17 came closer to achieving better standards in this regard than any of its predecessors, there's still a lot of room for improvement especially if we compare it with other present day sporting games.
- The animation still looks a little chalky, and the characters are as unrealistic as ever. For WWE 2K18, we are certain that the devs will try to improve this aspect as much as possible.
- Engine Upgrade
The first point on our list, and nearly every possible problem we can think of with the series, is related to this one right here.
- The gameplay in the most recent game remains slow and sometimes unresponsive, and it lacks the overall pace of the earlier Smackdown vs. Raw titles. Even the online multiplayer modes suffer from the same problem.
We understand that the lag is a result of piling a number of desirable features on top of older engineering, so it's high time that the devs opt for an improved engine for the upcoming game i.e. WWE 2k18.
However, with the games coming out every year, figuring this out could be a bit of a problem as the series usually seems focused on adding new features at present.
But new features will not do anything for a game that has a weak gameplay to begin with. We hope to see some real improvement in this project.
- Bring Back Older Modes
One of the primary reasons why many fans lost interest in the game that came out this year is the lack of the 2K Showcase, one of the most popular single-player features that
- Another popular mode that has been long removed is the General Manager Mode, which allowed fans to virtually play a crucial role in taking the brands forward under their managerial expertise.
- The player was required to select a brand and start a year chock full of activities, including signing on the most suitable wrestlers, booking matches, managing finances, and other such intricate things in order to gain fan support.
- There was even a General Manager of the year Award that went to the show that held the most number of fans.
Both the above
WWE 2K18 Rumors
The abandonment of the 2K Showcase has been quite a heartbreak for fans of the franchise. But there appears to be a silver lining on the horizon. The return of Kurt Angle to WWE has long been anticipated, and going by what Angle had to say definitely gives an edge to the possibility.
"Kurt Angle is coming back into the ring again in WWE 2K18 !!"
Angle confirmed that he would not be making a return to the brand in 2016, but he did tease the possibility of a return next year.
Needless to say, wrestling fans have been going crazy ever since then, and the speculation has been made all the
If 2K brings back the Showcase in WWE 2K18, we would say that there is a pretty solid chance that it would have Angle at its centre. His career curve pretty much says it all, and watching his story being retold would make for a huge bonus.
WWE 2K18 Trailer
We're as excited as anyone else for the upcoming game, but as of now, we still are to hear anything official about WWE 2K18. Which means we obviously don't have a trailer for now. But fret not; we assure you that we'll update this section as soon as the creators release a trailer for the upcoming title
WWE 2K18 Release Platforms
In the past, the games in the series have been released across a number of platforms, including the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Windows.
WWE 2K18 will, most likely, come out on all of the consoles on the list when it first hits the market, with the PC version coming out later in the year, as is usually the norm. Going purely by speculations, this is how we have charted out the release of the upcoming game.
- WWE 2K18 Release Date for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One: 1st week of October 2017.
- WWE 2K18 PC Release Date: November 2017.
WWE 2K18 Price
There is no way to know what changes the makers will bring to the next game, which is a huge factor in determining its price.
But we're expecting at least some things from our features wish list to come to fruition, which could reflect in its pricing. Moreover, 2K will release WWE 2K18's console versions all at the same time, which could be another determinant of how much we have to pay for the upcoming title.
So going by past pricing trends of the franchise, the current prices in the video gaming industry, and with all other things in mind, we think that WWE 2k18 may be priced somewhere around the $80 mark for the normal edition.
Last Few Words.......
we don't expect that Yuke's and 2K will have the kind of luxury (in terms of the time) to implement all of the things that we want to see in their next game. Regardless, a lot of fans are looking forward to getting their hands on WWE 2K18 as it could finally be the instalment to deliver the kind of detailing that we have been craving for a long time. Make sure you come back later to check up on our regular updates on WWE 2K18 Release Date, Gameplay, Features, and other details. Don't forget to tell us what you would like to see in the comments below.